AS09A75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AS09A75

AS09A75

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Video runescapers Be Prosecuted for Stealing Virtual Objects?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
reason +123

Should Video runescapers Be Prosecuted for Stealing Virtual Objects? Empty
PostSubject: Should Video runescapers Be Prosecuted for Stealing Virtual Objects?   Should Video runescapers Be Prosecuted for Stealing Virtual Objects? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:58 pm

As a reformed online-runescape thief, this ruling makes no sense to me. It places too much value on the time people spend playing video runescapes. Video runescapes are not work or investments for which people should be compensated; they are escapism.The game is we each had, but how to play of the game? Playing games is a skilful oh.I am a life of serious and responsible work, I see the career is heavy, so in business is also outstanding work, I believe my future is in our hands, I have confidence! I'm learning of the job will play some games. Many prefer the oh! The defendant stole two virtual items while playing RuneScape, a free massively multiplayer online video runescape. According to the Associated Press, the defendant’s attorney argued that the stolen amulet and shield “were neither tangible nor material and, unlike for example electricity, had no economic value.” The rs gold, however, disagreed, ruling that the time the 13-year-old victim spent in the runescape trying to earn the objects gave them value.

During my disappointing teenage years, I played an runescape gold set in space-capitalist hell titled EVE Online. EVE is the rat race imploded upon itself, a runescape that brings out the worst of its subscribers' humanity. In EVE, players can spend months working toward a goal anything from starting a small in-runescape business to the production of a massive ship that requires billions of EVE's in-runescape currency and months of man-hours. These projects may seem foolish to those outside of the runescape world, but they represent a great deal to their creators. And these hopes and dreams can be destroyed rapidly by another player who just wants to be a runescape accounts. That’s the whole point, actually.

EVE is one of the few buy runescape accounts that encourage players to use real money to purchase in-runescape currency, called “isk,” which in turn is used to build highly desirable objects in the virtual world. It is also the only runescape that actively allows thievery in the context of the runescape world. In fact buy runescape gold , player satisfaction in EVE is based on taking chances and risking everything you’ve spent time building up. For instance, as Kotaku details, in 2010 pirates destroyed a ship that another player had filled with six years’ worth of in-runescape subscription renewals. At the time, the six years’ worth of play was valued at more than $1,000 in real money through EVE’s rather complicated financial system.

A few years ago, I could have been one of those pirates. In EVE, I enjoyed messing with people, making fake investments, engaging in corporation thievery, and even having an extended e-relationship with someone who thought I was a girl. I'd join corporations, running rainmaker scams by convincing the leadership that an antagonistic group was out to destroy everything we had built. Sometimes I even hired decoys to disrupt our supply lines just enough so that the monetary loss got their attention. After receiving the "bribe" money, they'd go away while I reaped the rewards of a now-trustworthy member of the target organization. After I had taken all I needed to take, I either blocked them or kept their enraged messages for posterity.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS09A75 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: