AS09A75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AS09A75

AS09A75

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now Empty
PostSubject: My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now   My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 pm

days out of 10 the reason your bike won't start is usually due to battery condition or reduce connections. A charging system failure is more unlikely but is still feasible.
I will talk about both of which here.
First look your battery connections. Check for obvious and easiest to correct problems first. A reduce connection, poor ground and so forth. will likely cause intermittent operation with the starting and charging techniques. If you find any loose connection and/or corrosion, clean the connections that has a wire brush.
Before re-attaching apply a bit grease to the make contact with points. The grease helps to prevent from any of the white corrosion residues developing around the battery terminals.
Aim to start her up at present. You still have a dilemma? Go down to the mall and get yourself a small electrical multimeter. (Make sure it offers both AC and DC volt performs, as well as any continuity (or OHMS)function. Retrieve the battery and set it over a counter. Set your multimeter to be able to DC volts. Measure the Battery voltage by means of placing the red lead within the positive and the Black around the negative.
The voltage read need to be around 12. 5 volts (higher is OK) Should the voltage is less than this it could indicate a poor electric. Notice I say, 'may' here considering that the bike's charging system could be at fault. In this case the battery will likely be OK.
Confirm the electrolyte level in each cell with the battery is good. Add distilled water just to cell's with a lower level. (Obviously you cannot add water with a maintenance free battery) Bill the battery overnight using a slow charger only. Motorcycle batteries cannot handle a simple charge. Make sure the charger only charges at a rate of 2 amps or simply less.
Install the battery and aim to start her again. If she still won't go obtain a new battery and your problem might be fixed. If she starts and runs like no bodies business, then you have to learn why the battery proceeded to go dead. You need to measure the charging system.
While using the engine running, place the multimeter leads within the battery. Rev the engine a bit. The system voltage will need to rise with engine RPM. Some sort of voltage of around 13. 5 to help about 14. 5 need to be displayed. If the voltage visits constant and/or is slowly but surely decreasing, or if a voltage rises above age 14. 7 volts the charging system seriously isn't functioning.
What do you are doing now? You have to measure two things. The Stator along with the Regulator. The stator generates an AC voltage. The regulator changes that AC to DC voltage and as well maintains that voltage on the proper level.
The Stator is usually checked with the Ohms function on your own meter. Locate and take away the plug for the stator around the front of the program block. You will see several pins inside.
Set the particular meter for low Ohms, in addition to measure the continuity amongst these pins. 5 Ohms or less is what you want here. Set the meter towards highest setting. With 1 lead placed on a metal part of bike look for continuity to each green. You meter should examine infinite, or no continuity. If these tests look into then your stator is fine. If there is a fault in these tests, then see the dealer
The regulator would be the easiest of all to test. The regulator is manufactured from solid state electronics and is not opened. Replace the regulator if anything else on the charging product checks out or if you experience an overcharging situation.
On most Harley's you won't need to know if the charging system is starting out fail. The evidence shows up once you have dim lights or your woman just won't start. There are aftermarket accessories you can install on your bike that should tell you the current state on the charging system.
Save yourself some bucks here!! With a simple multimeter accessible from any Electronics parts store it is possible to troubleshoot your charging product and check your battery and the majority of likely repair any issues yourself.
Keith Nivon is usually an avid Harley Davidson Bike Enthusiast! His website contains information on all things Harley Davidson. http: //www. everything-harley-davidson. com is a wonderful resource for anyone who seem to shares a passion meant for Harley Davidson Motorcycles. Look at http: //www. everything-harley-davidson. com to read more.
Back to top Go down
https://as09a75.forumotion.com

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now
Page 1 of 1